Campus Box 8134
Dr. Wilfley's program of research centers on the causes, prevention, and treatment of eating disorders and obesity among children, adolescents, and adults. Current programs of research include: (1) the classification, characterization, assessment, and risk factors of eating and weight disorders; (2) the development of effective treatments for individuals suffering from eating disorders and obesity; and (3) the development of innovative and cost-effective methods for early intervention and prevention of eating disorders and obesity.
- Jones M, Luce KH, Osborne MI, Taylor K, Cunning D, Celio Doyle A, Wilfley DE, Taylor CB: Randomized, controlled trial of an internet-facilitated intervention for reducing binge eating and overweight in adolescents. Pediatrics. 2008; 121(3): 453-462.
- Wilson GT, Wilfley DE, Agras WS, Bryson SW: Psychological treatments of binge eating disorder. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2010; 67(1): 94-101.
- Wilfley DE, Vannucci A, White EK: Early intervention of eating- and weight-related problems. Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings. 2010; 17(4): 285.
- Rieger E, Van Buren DJ, Bishop M, Tanofsky-Kraff M, Welch R, Wilfley DE: An eating disorder-specific model of interpersonal psychotherapy (IPT-ED): Causal pathways and treatment implications. Clin Psychol Rev. 2010; 30(4): 400-10.
- Lock J, Brandt H, Woodside B, Agras S, Halmi K, Johnson C, Kaye W, Wilfley DE: Challenges in conducting a multi-site randomized clinical trial comparing treatments for adolescent anorexia nervosa. International Journal of Eating Disorders (in press).
- Wilfley DE, Kolko RP, Kass AE: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Weight Management and Eating Disorders: Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America (in press).
- Visiting Professorship Recipient, National Cheng Kung University Taiwan, R.O.C. (1994)
- Visiting Professorship Recipient, University of Newcastle, Australia (1995)
- Visiting Professor, University of Oslo, Norway (1998)
- FIRST Independent Research Award, NIH
- Fellow, Academy for Eating Disorders
- Fellow, The Obesity Society
- K24 Midcareer NIH Investigator Award in Patient-Oriented Research (2004-present)
- Scholar, Institute for Public Health, Washington University School of Medicine
- Pfizer Visiting Professorship Recipient, Baylor University, Houston, Texas (2010)
- Aubuchon Obesity and Behavioral Health Fund Recipient (2009)
- Secretary/Treasurer, The Obesity Society - Pediatric Obesity Section (2010-present)