Q: What are the requirements for the application?
- Application form completed online and submitted by Dec. 1 (11:59pm Central Standard Time)
- GRE general test – official report sent by ETS (codes required for accurate transmission) – may come in after Dec. 1
Institution code – 6929; Department code – 2001, 2016 (there are other codes for psychology, either of these will work)
- At least three letters of recommendation – uploaded electronically (preferred) – may come in after Dec. 1
- Unofficial transcript(s) uploaded to application acceptable for initial review and evaluation;
If applicant is selected for interview, MAILED official transcript(s) will be required at that time.
Additional NON-REQUIRED materials: (may come in after Dec. 1)
- GRE subject test (same codes as general test)
- CV – may be uploaded after Personal Statement in the online application OR emailed to Graduate Program Assistant to be added to file
- Writing Sample – emailed to Graduate Program Assistant to be added to file
Q: How should I submit my transcripts?
A: For initial evaluation – one of two ways:
1) upload most recent version of transcript(s) directly into the file
2) send an OFFICIAL transcript via postal mail (sealed envelope with stamp across seal)
An OFFICIAL transcript will be requested, if one isn’t already in the applicant’s file, when the applicant is invited for interview.
Q: What are the GRE codes?
A: Institution code – 6929
Department code – 2016
Q: What are the TOEFL codes?
A: Institution code – 6929
Department code – http://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/register/codes
Q: How far back (previous years) will you accept GRE & TOEFL scores?
A: We will accept any scores sent by ETS.
Q: What is your mailing address?
Psychological & Brain Sciences Dept
#1 Brookings Drive
St. Louis, MO 63130-4899
Q: What supplemental materials need to be mailed to the department?
- Any recommendation letters not submitted online
- All official transcripts
Q: What supplemental materials should be sent to Graduate School office?
A: Only the GRE score report should go to the Graduate School (per the institution code), which will then forward to the appropriate departments based on the codes provided.
Q: If grades from a Study Abroad program are included in the domestic institution’s transcript, is the transcript from the foreign institution still required?
Q: If I applied last year and was declined an offer, may I re-apply this year?
A: Yes. Email Meg, the Graduate Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) that this is your intention and then you must submit a new application form online along with the fee payment. All supplemental materials from the previous file will be brought forward to the current file, upon your request. Letters of recommendation are destroyed immediatelly after each application season so all new letters will be necessary.
Q: Are faculty who are considering accepting new students listed somewhere in your website?
A: No - email Meg McClelland (Graduate Asst) with the names of the faculty to whose lab(s) you are applying & she can let you know the answer.
Q: Is there a separate application for the Psychological & Brain Sciences Dept.?
Q: If I got my undergraduate degree from Washington University in St. Louis, do I still have to order an official transcript through the Registrar’s Office?
A: NO, we can have your official transcript UPLOADED internally – just request this to the Graduate Coordinator.