Campus Box 1125
Professor Green studies choice and decision making in rats, pigeons, and people. His research on choice extends to the areas of self control (choice between smaller/sooner rewards and larger/later rewards), behavioral economics (the conjoining of experimental psychology and economic theories), and the discounting of delayed and probabilistic outcomes. The latter research evaluates the mathematical form of the discount function and whether fundamentally similar processes underlie choice behavior involving delayed and probabilistic rewards.
Read more about Dr. Green:
- Are You a Good Tipper? Here's Why (ABC)
- Old and Young Make Impulsive Decisions (USA today)
- Psychologists show that 'money changes everything' (Innovations Report)
- Holiday giving season complicated by shifting norms on gratuities, psychologist suggests
- The psychology of learning
- Gambling psychology offers insight into self-control, risk-taking, impulsiveness
- Psychology of tipping Video
Green, L., & Myerson, J. (2013). How many impulsivities? A discounting perspective. Journal of the Experimental Analysis of Behavior, 99, 3-13.
Kwan, D., Craver, C. F., Green, L., Myerson, J., & Rosenbaum, R. S. (2013). Dissociations in future thinking following hippocampal damage: Evidence from discounting and time perspective in episodic amnesia. Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 142, 1355-1369.
Green, L., Myerson, J., & Vanderveldt, A. (2014). Delay and probability discounting. In F. K. McSweeney & E. Murphy (Eds.), The Wiley-Blackwell handbook of operant and classical conditioning (pp. 307-337). Chichester, West Sussex: John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Green, L., Myerson, J., Oliveira, L., & Chang, S. E. (2014). Discounting of delayed and probabilistic losses over a wide range of amounts. Journal of the Experimental Analysis of Behavior, 101, 186-200.
Oliveira, L., Green, L., & Myerson, J. (2014). Pigeons’ delay discounting functions established using a concurrent-chains procedure. Journal of the Experimental Analysis of Behavior, 102, 151-161.
Kagel, J. H., Battalio, R. C., & Green, L. (2007). Economic choice theory: An experimental analysis of animal behavior. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press. (Digitally printed, first paperback version)
- Psychology of Learning
- Introduction to Psychology
- Behavioral Psychology Readings Group
- Practicum in Applied Behavior Analysis: Autism Spectrum Disorder