April 28, 2017 - 9:00am to 5:00pm
Clark-Fox Forum, Hillman Hall
Jim Sidanius, Harvard University - "The Theory of Gendered Prejudice: A Social Dominance and Intersectional Perspective"
- 9:00 AM Provost Holden Thorp, Washington University - Welcoming remarks
- 9:15 AM Jim Sidanius, Harvard University - “The Theory of Gendered Prejudice: A Social Dominance and Intersectional Perspective"
- 10:30 AM Debbie Ma, California State University, Northridge - "Ethnocentric perceptual tuning and preferential weighting of physical features - An expert-based explanation for Cross- Race Effects"
- 11:15 AM Lasana Harris, University College London - ”Invisible Mind: Flexible Social Cognition and Dehumanization"
- 12:00 PM Lunch Break
- 1:15 PM Melanie Killen, University of Maryland - "The origins of prejudice: How to promote equality and fairness"
- 2:00 PM Moin Syed , University of Minnesota - "The Ecology of Ethnic/Racial Identity Development"
- 2:45 PM Break
- 3:15 PM Sophie Trawalter , University of Virginia - "On the denial of Black Americans’ humanity and pain"
- 4:00 PM Yuen Huo, University of California, Los Angeles - "How those with Privileged Identities Respond to Growing Diversity"
- 4:45 PM John Baugh, Washington University - Closing remarks
Reception to followfff
Department of Psychological & Brain Sciences
and Office of the Provost.