April 28, 2017 - 9:00am to 5:00pm
Clark-Fox Forum, Hillman Hall
Jim Sidanius, Harvard University - "The Theory of Gendered Prejudice: A Social Dominance and Intersectional Perspective"
- Lasana Harris, University College London - "Flexible Social Cognition and Dehumanization”
- Yuen Huo, University of California, Los Angeles - "How those with Privileged Identities Respond to Growing Diversity"
- Melanie Killen, University of Maryland - "The origins of prejudice: How to promote equality and fairness"
- Debbie Ma, California State University, Northridge - "Ethnocentric perceptual tuning and preferential weighting of physical features - An expert-based explanation for Cross-Race Effects.”
- Moin Syed, University of Minnesota - "The Ecology of Ethnic/Racial Identity Development"
- Sophie Trawalter, University of Virginia - "On the denial of Black Americans’ humanity and pain"
Reception to followfff
Department of Psychological & Brain Sciences
and Office of the Provost.